As far as vaping is concerned, it was introduced only in 2004. We are still doing studies on the effects of vaping. We don’t have enough credible information on the bad effects of vaping yet. E-cigarettes became popular only a decade ago. Research is still going on to find out the effects of vaping on the human body. Given that there are lot of misinformation and confusion regarding vaping. But when it comes to smoking we have lot of credible information regarding the effects of it on human body. We hope to have the same clarity about vaping as well in the near future itself. As per the research, vaping is not considered to be totally healthy choice. But at the same time, smoking is considered to be worse for human body due to tobacco combustion. Here in this article, we are going to learn more about the dangers of secondhand vaping. Let’s have a look below. We are all aware of the fact that second hand smoking can be really dangerous. It is not at all good for your health. Since there is awareness about the same, cigarette smoke in the public places has been banned everywhere. Now in the case of secondhand vaping, we have little clarity. And we are going to learn more about this below.
Understanding secondhand vaping
- Secondhand vaping is same as secondhand smoking. Only difference is that we inhale vapor in place of smoke.
- When you inhale vapor from the e-cigarette you exhale it after holding it in your mouth for a while. And this vapor might be in the air for few seconds and someone standing next to them might inhale it.
- Vapers have this opinion that ban on cigarette smoking in public places should not be extended to e-cigarettes.
- As far as vaping is concerned, you don’t produce smoke. You only produce vapor which doesn’t linger long enough for other to inhale it. So one should not be worried about secondhand vaping at all.
- Since you don’t produce smoke bystanders have nothing to worry about. This is the argument made by the vapers.
- However, how much weight there in this argument? We have to dig deeper to learn more about the effects of secondhand vaping.
- We have to look into how cigarette smoking can be dangerous to your body. When you burn tobacco, you will be releasing carcinogenic particles, other chemicals and carbon monoxide into the air. These harmful chemicals are known as tar. Therefore, secondhand smoking can be really dangerous. This may result in serious health consequences.
- In the case of e-cigs, it doesn’t produce smoke at all. And vaper doesn’t linger in the air long enough for others to inhale it. Does that mean that e-cigs are safer? Not really. Inhaling those particles can still be dangerous. But secondhand vaping is not as dangerous compared to regular smoking. With that we can conclude that secondhand vaping should not be regarded as that dangerous. However, we would like to add that studies are still being conducted on this topic and we must wait before we make a conclusive statement.